By Victoria Athey BSc MSc MCSP. Physiotherapist and Sports Massage Therapist at 360Athletic
So lock-downs left us all training in the most random spaces with some very random ‘weights’ ‘weight machines’ and ‘weight benches’ (more likely heavy household things) BUT does that mean our workout qualities need to suffer? Let us all here at 360 Athletic clear this up for you … Absolutely not!
Not only can the lack of exercise equipment make training fun and creative again, body weight exercises truly can be JUST as effective as weight machines, weight benches and weights. Your body is an incredible tool for challenging and strengthening your muscles it just needs a little help from gravity and some top, intelligently designed programs … that’s where we here at 360 Athletic step in!
Don’t fear 360 Athletic has your back! As well as our epic online training programs (3 different options for you to pick from!) we have rounded up some of our tops moves that you can incorporate to upgrade your home workouts. We have shaped these based on limited space and exercise equipment so whether your lockdown gym is an empty spot in your bedroom, a makeshift garage gym, or you’re stuck with just some random weight benches and weights, we’ve created these options so YOU CAN still TRAIN WELL!
Lower Body Option:
- Static Lunge
Upper Body Options:
- Eccentric press up
- Spider man press up
- Single Arm Row with *load (water bottle, rucksack, cereal box, shampoo – your only REAL limitation is your imagination on this one)
Skills and Lift options:
- Snatch with *load (water bottle, rucksack, cereal box, shampoo – your only REAL limitation is your imagination on this one)
- Clean + Press with *load (water bottle, rucksack, cereal box, shampoo – your only REAL limitation is your imagination on this one)
- Ski skaters
- Bear Crawls
And don’t forget to find all that 360 Athletic has to offer:
- Check out our FREE DOWNLOADABLE RESOURCES covering all things from nutrition to sample workouts
- Book your 50% OFF FIRST APPOINTMENT with our virtual or in-clinic physiotherapy sessions to prevent and rehab any niggles or injuries
- Gain strength and train smarter with our expert personal trainers online– first session FREE!
- Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with all of this and MORE!